Friday, July 29, 2011

Bathing suit season


I just finished these two pieces for a commission. Well, to be honest, I'm not certain they are finished. I haven't sealed them or even named them. They are sitting on one of the work tables 'til I'm sure they don't need anything else. (SOLD)

The request was for a piece using '40s bathing suits. I found these illustrations in my fashion stash and decided to make two collages while I was at it. The 95+ temperatures here may have inspired me, that or my longing this summer to be down the shore.

It's difficult to see but each background is composed of multiple pieces with the one on the right made up of four images from recycled catalogs. The shells are both old (19th century) and new (recycled greeting cards). 4.5" x 6.5" each on archival mat boards with ink and watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment