Thursday, June 21, 2012

The nitty gritty

Yes, I know it appears that life as a collage artist is all glamour. The openings. The Prosecco breaks. The fun & funky studio. But there comes a time when you have to get things in order. No, not the stash. The paperwork!

As you know by now, I write detailed descriptions of my collages in which I try to squeeze in as much as much about the paper and other materials used as will fit on a 4" x 2" label. Viewers like knowing the history. So do I. Even though there are times when I think the label may detract from the art itself, I feel compelled to write on. Well, for now.

So, for the past two days, I've been hunkered down at the computer organizing the labels into one big, alphabetical file. Yeah, it's the librarian in me. But it's also the frustrated artist trying to find a specific label among dozens of files.

I had been organizing them by exhibition and/or by month - the latter for Open Studios. Now, I'm happy to say, they're all in one, easy-to-search document. And, they're uniform in style, to boot. Ah. I feel so much better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment