Thursday, October 6, 2011

Help solve the mystery of an electrifying story



Okay, so while rummaging around that Michigan antique shop last week, my husband found seven French cards about electricity. Normally, he wouldn't step foot in an antique shop, let alone look through its contents. But it was my birthday, so he was indulging me. These excited him, because he was sure I didn't have any like them - he was right - and he knows my affinity for mechanical/machine age images.

As you can see by the numbers, they are part of a large set. The thing is - there is no publisher on them and nothing else to identify them. They are bigger than cigarette cards, don't have the advertising of a standard trade card and, well, they have me flummoxed. I've been searching high and low and across the web to find out more about them. Can anyone at there solve the mystery???

1 comment:

  1. I don't know the answer but these guys might:

    http://www.bnf.fr/fr/acc/x.accueil.html


    Anne

    ReplyDelete