Thursday, June 20, 2013

Animal attraction

Village Dandies
Footloose
(sold)

Last week, I mentioned a new line of "petite" collages I'm creating. They really ARE petite, that is:  2.5"x4.5" and 3.25"x4.6" - and matted in 5"x7" acid-free mats to fit ready-made frames. 

Well, this week, I hit my stride with a series of animal collages - a first for me, except for birds, that is - for a fundraiser to aid a new Cincinnati non-profit: Pets In Need. It provides vet care for animals owned by low-income people, which could be anyone from a person who's been laid off from their job to someone with a serious illness whose income has been depleted by medical bills.

Pets are a passion of a good friend of mine, Carol Sanger, who chairs the board. So, when she asked me if I wanted to participate in their Summer Solstice Celebration, I jumped at the chance. Since the group is not charging any "set-up" fee or taking a commission on sales, I decided to donate part of my proceeds to them.

Well, enough of the back story, here are more of the petites ...

Cat o' Nine Tales
(sold)
Waited on, hand and foot
Melancholic
(sold)

Groovin'
(sold)
You Talkin' to Me?
(sold)

Snail Mail

The Proposal

No comments:

Post a Comment