Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Impossibly sweet ...

Eight new collages were added to the Sweet Petites collection last week, and I have to say that they're adorable. And since adorable is not what I do generally, they came as a surprise.

M.T. Ross' whimsical illustrations from the 1910 edition of Elizabeth Gordon's "Flower Children," were used for the main characters, which may explain how they ended up the way they did. I wrote about my obsession with the images back in May, when I was about to sell some of the other originals at Cincinnati's City Flea.

Of course, I HAVE to create their opposites, or Not-So-Sweet petites. Stay tuned for those ... meanwhile, here are the cutie pies, which can be viewed in the annual "Multiplicity" holiday show at Cincinnati's Brazee Street Studios








  

No comments:

Post a Comment